The Mobile Community Zimbabwe (MCZ) is calling for entries to its special award category: Best Social Impact Story award. This is an award that seeks to recognize and celebrate transformative stories that have been told and resulted in or inspired some positive social change. It could be that the story you told resulted in a group of people getting help, or you shared on the challenges faced by a certain community and local authorities responded positively etc.
If you believe that one of the stories you did resulted in positive change, submit your story to email@example.com. If you feel that you have such a story, you must meet the following submission requirements:
- Story must have been produced between the years 2013 – 2016
- Story should be 2 minutes 30 seconds long or less in length.
- Story should be original works of the individual.
- Story should have had a positive impact in a community or resulted in some change.
- You should provide brief detail of what kind of positive social change was influenced by your story (100 words max)
- You should provide minimum of two references to vouch for the change or social impact achieved because of your story. References may include individuals directly impacted or a reputable institution or influential individual.
- Judges will also consider the story’s popularity, i.e number of views.
*Note that all entries will be fact checked and put through a thorough verification process. Entries based on false claims will immediately be disqualified.
*Entries should be received by midnight of Monday, 14th November 2016
*Award winner and runner-up to be announced at the award ceremony scheduled for December 8th 2016 in Harare.